UNCTAD believes that enhanced cooperation between the private and the public sector is essential to the effective integration of developing countries into the global economy and seeks ways to involve civil society organizations, academia, trade unions, parliamentarians and business associations in its work.
Cooperation with civil society is mutually beneficial: it helps civil society actors, empowering and enhancing their advocacy role in support of sustainable development, while adding value to the work of UNCTAD and its member States in achieving tangible development outcomes.
The civil society outreach (CSO) unit facilitates the participation and engagement of civil society organizations in our work.
- Organizing the annual UNCTAD Public Symposium
- Organizing civil society activities and events at UNCTAD Conferences
- Organizing hearings, consultations, briefings and informal meetings with experts and civil society
- Reviewing and processing requests for accreditation and observer status with UNCTAD
- Providing civil society with relevant information and documentation on UNCTAD activities
- Liaising and interacting with other UN system focal points for civil society
Subscribe to our newsletter
UNCTAD's civil society outreach unit reaches out to non-governmental organizations through a weekly newsletter and periodical e-alerts. If you wish to be included in our mailing list, please subscribe here.
Arrangements for meetings and consultations between civil society organizations and secretariat staff members can be coordinated by the CSO unit, in collaboration with UNCTAD divisions and programmes.
When contacting the unit, please indicate your full name, affiliation and complete contact details.
Civil Society Outreach Unit
Palais des Nations (Office E - 7095)
Av. de la Paix, 1211 Geneva 10